This holiday season has been hectic, but I truly believe it’s been good as a whole.
Monday the boss lady let me leave work early. She had said I could leave any time after 3 pm as long as my work was actually done. But, of course things came up and I was there until 4. But, it was nice to get out early and be home to wrap the one last thing that needed to be taken care of.
But, earlier in the day I had gone to the doctor for my first big pregnancy check up. She said that I was 10 weeks along and that everything seemed to be going just fine. We tried to hear the heartbeat, but it’s just way to early for that. I was in no way disappointed by this, since I didn’t expect her to attempt to hear it in the first place. My hubby thought that there would be more to this appointment and in some ways I guess there would be too. He came along and sat in the exam room with me, even during the exam. I think this was good for him though, no more misconceptions as to what happens during these appointments...the whole truth and nothing but the truth! I go on Friday for a sonogram to see if there is one baby or more than one. As we know, this is something that I’ve wanted to know since the moment I’ve found out I was pregnant.
Tuesday we did some running around before even leaving for NJ. Hubby had to have an ultrasound done on his leg to make sure everything was okay after the surgery. Since we haven’t heard back from the Dr’s office on this, we are assuming that everything went okay. Then we dropped off Pippy for boarding and grooming. She was a stinky little thing before we brought her, but I think we both held off on bathing her knowing we could get it done there. Hubby is picking her up tonight to bring her home.
We tried to go to Panera Bread to get bagels for Christmas morning. But, all we did was wait on line and realize that the flavor we wanted was sold out, so we left empty handed. One big lesson that I learned was that if you want some bagels or bread from Panera, you have to order ahead of time during the holidays. There was a whole section of seating blocked off with bags and boxes of pre-packaged, pre-ordered goodies. Next time I guess.
We finally headed off for NJ late morning. The traffic wasn’t bad, heavy but not bad at all. We stopped and had some Sbarro pizza on the way there, which is the norm for us since I love it. When we were in the middle of eating and I realized that I had forgotten two gifts and a pair of socks. I felt like such an idiot for having forgotten the gifts, still can’t believe I did that. At least it was just part of the gift for those people, but still.
There was a whole problem with finding someplace to pick up dinner on Tuesday night, not many places in the suburban area of NJ that I grew up in are open on Christmas Eve. So, we ended up getting some subs and going home to see everyone. It was nice seeing my mom, sister and my two nieces. Makes me realize how far away we live from each other.
Christmas Day went off just fine, and it was a white Christmas at that! The snow had started around 11 pm on Tuesday and didn’t stop until around 11 or 12 pm on Christmas night. In total I think that my mom got about 6-8 inches and it almost lead to us having to stay overnight there. But, my hubby couldn’t really risk that with work so we ventured out of my mom’s house around 10:30/11 pm and hoped to find a place that was open for gas since we were getting somewhat low. We found someplace and our trip back to MD began. Long trip at that. We didn’t get back home until a little before 4 am and once we got everything out of the car and into the house it was 4 am. We slept for a few hours and both ended up leaving for work late. My hubby wasn’t too far off from when he should have left, he got there about 30 minutes late. I on the other hand was over an hour late, but I had called in and left a message saying as much.
Today at work has been VERY SLOW. I have kept myself busy though, with work that I need to have done in the next little while. It’s the only way to go with days like this, or you will want to plunge a pencil in your eye in the midst of the boredom. But, it’s all over in about 10 minutes when we all leave for the day and go home to eat and rest. I hope the dog isn’t too hyper because I know that both of us just want to sleep!
Oh, BTW...we told my family after gifts that I’m pregnant. That went well. Already getting suggestions on names from my grandparents.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home