I haven’t blogged in a really long time. I know that there are many reasons for this, but I must say that a lot of it has been laziness. Sorry to my readers.
Another reason that I’ve been slow with blogging is that I have some news that many of you already know. I found out a few weeks ago that I’m pregnant. Seeing as I went through almost a years worth of fertility treatments, I’ve been reluctant to put this on my blog. Especially since lately I’ve been feeling some stomach pain and cramping. I called the doctors office today to see if I can get an appointment, but unfortunately with it being a holiday week, there is no doctor in the office. I’m going for another round of blood work today though and based on the results from that they may try to fit me in to the schedule tomorrow.
That will just be it’s own set of problems because I’m not in my Rockville office on Tuesday, I’m in DC and don’t have the ability to get to the doctors office at all on that day. Actually, I’m a little worried about this because with an office that has that many doctors in it, you would think that at least ONE of them would be there today. I can’t get stressed out about it though, that will just make things worse.
Today Joe started a new job. Well, not so much new job as a new location. He was promoted at Bed, Bath and Beyond and now works out in Hagerstown. The only good thing about this is that he will always be going against traffic, therefor keeping his commute even less than mine. I’m excited for him. He deserves the pat on the back that this has offered him.
Yesterday Joe, Curry and Kevin (two of our neighbors) painted our family room. It is now a very nice shade of brick. It’s almost a shocking color, but so nice with the furniture that we have in there. It ended up being an all day project, only because Joe didn’t get started when he had planned to, but it looks really nice. Tonight Joe and Curry will be putting all the furniture back and the house will be back to “normal.”
The dog trainer ‘yelled’ at us yesterday for slacking with Pippy. She was right though, we have gotten bad with her, basically letting her run the place. This is not allowable and has caused for a lot of problems in the way things are done. She’s now on a leash at all times and is exercised more than before. I love this dog, but she’s going to be the death of us.
I know have to reformat my resume to fit the “company standards” of how things need to be done for the re-bid process at the company I work for. I really wonder why I have to do this though. We have a whole team of people that all they do is work on proposals and contracts and they should be the ones that take my resume and change it to what they want it to say. No, instead, I’m forced to change it. The kicker is, just because I do this, and even if it’s used during the re-bid, it doesn’t mean I’m guaranteed a job. I find that as an insult. They want to use my security clearance and my educational background, but they won’t guarantee my job! I hate this whole process and can’t wait to be out of here at one point. Please, let that be sooner than later.
Another part of this re-bid is that there have been all these task forces created. Everyone is running around trying to come up with answers to questions that haven’t even been asked yet. This is just nuts to me. I can see being prepared, but if there isn’t anything to be prepared for, aren’t we just wasting a lot of time? The wonderful part of this is that the Request for Proposals is supposed to come out the Monday before Christmas. So nice of the government to do that knowing that it will completely ruin the holidays for many people. As it is, we’ve already been told that our leave might not be granted because of this contract. Sucks butt.
Why do severely sick people come to work? There is someone here today that is REALLY sick and should not have even come in today. Luckily, we’ve convinced her to leave but what damage has she already done? Spreading nasty germs around and not thinking how that will effect the others that she works with. I understand and applaud a good work ethic, but that’s just ridiculous. Especially with the person that I’m talking about, who just doesn’t do any work throughout the day as it is.
I think that I’m going to treat myself to Quizno’s today. I’ll have to be out for the blood work, so I might as well pick up lunch since I didn’t bring anything with me. I need the little pick-me-up that a great Quizno’s sandwich can offer.
Well, seems as if I’ve been all over the board today with this posting. I guess when you have no work to do, and really wish you were at home, your mind just wonders all about.
Not sure if I’ll be blogging again before the holiday, so I’ll wish a Happy Thanksgiving at this point. We’ll be having my mom, sister, her two kids, Joe’s parents and his sister all at our house for the holiday. I personally think that this sucks. There will be too many people with not enough space to adequately house them. That won’t lead to a lot of stress and problems, not at all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home