I feel kinda crappy today. I’m tired, my nose is stuffy, and I just don’t care. I guess this is typical for a Monday morning, although I’m still not sure. I was planning on asking the boss lady if I could leave early today because of this, but then I saw in the announcements that she’s supposed to be downtown this afternoon. No way that she’d let me leave early if that’s the case.
Saturday night we went to a friend/neighbors for dinner. After we ate, we played the 20th anniversary edition of Trivial Pursuit. I never realized how horrible I was at these games until we starting playing. That being said, my team won and I actually did know some of the answers.
I’m driving my husband’s Impala today. Normally this would mean my Tahoe was getting a tune-up or something along those lines, but not this time. It was solely a matter of not having enough gas in the truck to get to and fro work today. There was no way that I was going to bring my truck down to work to have to gas up down in Montgomery County, I’d rather take the car and re-fuel in Frederick at the Costco...much cheaper! Either way, my husband does not keep his car clean and it’s really annoying. I just had to yell at him on the phone...it’s amazing that the ashtray was full since he isn’t supposed to be smoking in the car...hhhmmmmm.
As we all know, Thursday was Halloween. It was fun, even the dog was good for it. I was amazed at how many kids go out without actually wearing a costume. I was really annoyed by this! There was this one chick who was all pissed off and didn’t say trick or treat or even thank you after she got her goods. Everyone on the street was talking about her. Funny how we all had something to say, I guess we needed something to talk about.
I’m over working. I need to figure out a way to get a grant from the government that allows me to sit home all day and do nothing. Considering some of the things that they give grant money for, I don’t see this as being too off base. I’m a decent person, give me the money. I’d even do things for others with it for heavens sake!
Even though we’ve only just had Halloween, all the Winter holiday goods are in stores. It’s so amazing that you almost can’t find things for Thanksgiving in the store even though it’s still three and a half weeks away. It’s making me think about Christmas gifts for everyone. We’re definitely downsizing this year on gifts. In the past we’ve dished out hundreds to give everyone a gift...not this year my friends. Many will just be receiving a card from us, since we’ve not even gotten that in return from them. I’m not trying to be a scrooge about it all, I just want to be fair. We’re not independently wealthy and I don’t want to be taken advantage of anymore.
All that said, I love the holidays. I love the holiday smells, buying gifts, wrapping the gifts, making holiday cookies (last year I did way too many batches of cookies, I felt like we lived in a bakery) and decorating for the season. It’s my favorite time of the year. I’m bummed that this year the tree has to be in the formal living room, meaning that I won’t get to see it that much, but at least it will be up. I guess I can’t expect too much seeing as we have two cats and a dog. If we put the tree where it was last year I can just see the dog knocking it down while I’m trying to make dinner or something like that.
My thoughts have been rather random today, maybe it’s because I haven’t had a long stretch in which to write or maybe it’s because I’m just random today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home