Today is just weird.
I’m at work today, although all our clients have the day off for Veteran’s Day. Doesn’t that make all the sense in the world? Yeah, I think the same way, it’s a waste and I’ve had nothing to do all day. I’ve been doing things that don’t even need to be done yet, but I might as well since there is nothing else on my plate.
This past weekend was a lot of fun. On Saturday a friend from college and one time roommate, Vanessa, got married to a great guy, Jason. I had been thinking all week that I should not be going because I was the only one from college that would be attending and it was going to be just weird having that be the case. But, Joe kept reminding me that if it’s not that great, at least we would have gotten away for the night and that should be good enough.
Saturday we were running late (Joe didn’t listen to me and we had to run out and buy him clothes that morning for the early evening ceremony). This normally wouldn’t have been a problem, but we still had to drive up to Philly for the wedding. So, we were late leaving the house and in our rush to get there Joe got a speeding ticket. I will add in here that we were almost sideswiped by an ass on the road and Joe was trying to get away from the guy when he was caught on the troopers laser. We ended up getting to the hotel in enough time to get changed and catch the bus to the hall where the ceremony and reception were taking place. It was a lovely wedding, short, sweet, to the point...awesome!
We went into the reception hall and I said to Joe, “You know we are at that table in the corner, next to the gifts, ya wanna bet?” I went to get the place seating and indeed, we were by the gift table, behind a pole, with no one that we knew. But, everyone at the table was cool and we had a great time. I got thrashed, way too much alcohol. There are times when I don’t even remember what I was saying, but you know what, that’s okay. Jason and Vanessa wanted everyone to have a good time, and gosh darn it, I did.
After the reception I thought that would be the end to my seeing the happy couple and I was okay with that. I knew they had tons to do and a flight to catch for Jamaica in a few hours. I feel very privileged though, I was able to hang out with them for a long time that night. Vanessa, Jason and a couple that they are friends with, all ended up hanging out in our room for like 2 hours later that night. It was a fun time and I’m glad I went. Vanessa is like a little sister to me, which explains why I’m so damn protective of her at times, and I’m glad to see her so happy with a great guy.
Pippy will be picked up from the vet where she was boarded since Saturday morning. This isn’t even out vet, but they were recommended by our vet’s office. We felt really good about bringing her there, especially after they let us walk her to the back of the facility where she would be staying. That was a comfort to me, even if I did end up crying after we drove away. I did the same thing the first time we had to leave the cats, call me a weirdo, but they are my pets and I love them. We opted for two play sessions a day and a full grooming, which were both extra to the regular boarding fees. It’s definitely worth it though, now we won’t have to give her a bath until Thanksgiving week.
Speaking of Thanksgiving, today I went to Chicken Out and got their seasonal Thanksgiving Wrap. It’s awesome, turkey, stuffing, cranberry relish, and gravy on a flour tortilla. So yummy. I ordered a whole, forgetting that they are huge and half would have sufficed. So, now I’m brining the rest home. It will be a little treat for Joe tonight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home