Yesterday had to be one of the worst work days in a very long time. It reaffirmed my feeling that some managers should not be allowed to have the title, position or authority. I understand that the knowledge base is there, can't deny they know the subject area, but it doesn't mean they have the capability to be a manager. The short of a long story is that a co-worker and I were chastised for talking with an ex-co-worker. Needless to say, we were made to feel like four year olds, yet again. I have to just keep thinking that payback is a ...well...you know and she's gonna get hers at one point. Oh if it were only to happen sooner than later.
Pippy had a grand ol' time last night during her walk. While we were out she got to make two stops and visit. One with the across the street neighbors and the four boys (two sons of which I only found out about last night). The boys played with her for a good 30 minutes, totally into it and making her to excited. Then once the walk continued the neighbor down the street wanted to see her. That turned into a nice time with talking and Pippy getting some more attention. She's still doing really well and getting used to her new surroundings. Vinni and Vegas are still trying to figure out what she is and how it's going to make a difference in their lives!
Joe worked for over 12 hours yesterday, coming home after 1 am. We're both still trying to get used to this new schedule of his and the longer hours, but change is never a bad thing. I feel bad for him though, he's not getting a lot of sleep and putting a great deal of physical labor in during the day. Maybe I'll be nice to him and not make him do much on his day off this weekend.... hhhmmmm... maybe not.
This morning on my way to work I paid respect to coffee by stopping at Starbucks to get a Mocha Frappacino and a muffin. (Salimah, I know that you are totally with me on coffee...Code Red too, but that's for a different day.) There is something very comforting about that first slug up the straw, drinking what I consider a little bit of heaven.
Update on sleep...still the best thing since sliced bread. During college and grad school and friend and I would say that "sleep is sacred" and this couldn't be more clear to me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home