7.15.2002

This past weekend was busy and uneventful all at the same time...

Friday night Pippy had a play date. Jim and Sara (neighbors from down the street) came over with their golden retriever, Abraham. After which we took Pippy to Petsmart to get some more toys, you'd be surprised the power of the Kong. This great toy not only allows her to play and teethe on something besides our fingers. Amazingly enough, she went to sleep in the cart again. I swear it's like having a baby!

Later on Friday night I found out that my sister and her family will most likely be coming to visit us at the end of the moth. For those that don't know yet...my sister and I have had problems in the past, so that fact that we plan to spend time together over the past year or so is a BIG DEAL. It should be a nice time though, as long as it's in short amounts.

Saturday was a day of my having to clean up puppy "gifts" most of the day. We now have baby gates up, which allows us to not keep a constant eye on Pippy and also allows the cats to jump over and remain the masters of their domain. The downside to this is that because you don't keep your eyes constantly on her, she tends to go whenever and whereever she pleases. I didn't get all that much accomplished, expect for the bills that I paid in the morning after giving her breakfast and a good play time before she fell over with exhaustion. Great way to shove her in the crate and do things before heading upstairs for more sleep. The day was somewhat long and I must admit I got sucked into watching Big Brother 3. I swore I wasn't going to watch it this time around, but it's like a carwreck I just can't help it.

Joe came home really late again on Saturday night. It seems that the "Back to School Season" is very similar to the Christmas season. So...working from 1 pm until 11 pm really will mean working until at least 12 or 1 am. Poor guy, he's so tired all the time. I must say that I don't feel all to bad for him though because he didn't come to bed until after 4 am...not the smartest of moves if you ask me.

Sunday was peaceful. I made Joe take care of Pippy, Vegas and Vinni in the morning. Leaving me to sleep only a little while longer because they were all incredibly loud downstairs. After finally getting our butts up and dressed we went to Panera Bread for what turned into lunch, although the original plan was to go for breakfast (getting there at 11:30 forced the lunch). We did a little shopping for lamps. Now, I'm a big fan of Lowe's, but do not really like Home Depot (keep in mind I worked in a local hardware store during college breaks...there will definitely be some stories about that in the future). Anyway...we went to HD first and of course didn't find anything until we went to Lowe's who had exactly what we wanted! Still haven't put the lamps up on the wall, but at least we have them.

We had a double date with Jim and Sara to go see Minority Report in the afternoon. Good flick, not disappointed that I saw it. Afterwards we went to Venuti's for dinner. Great garlic cheese rolls for appetizer. By the time we got home it was time to feed Pippy, walk her, and go to bed.

Getting up this morning for work was so difficult. I, like many people, hate Mondays and work all week for Friday. Traffic was on and off because of the foggy weather and I kept feeling like I was going to fall asleep. If I could take a nap right now I would...crawl into the Tahoe, grab the pillow and blanket and head to dream land.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home