Yesterday I did weigh in, down 1/2 pound. I'll take it I guess, it's my girly time of the month, so I'm just happy for a lower number not higher.
During the day the fridge was making a strange clicking sound, but with other household noises I didn't completely notice it all day. At night though we noticed the food wasn't completely frozen when Joe took out a popsicle for Jackson to have after dinner. Plus, when I went in to get ice for my smoothie things just didn't seem right. So, we thought maybe the door hadn't been closed completely. Joe reset the system in the fridge and we hoped this morning would mean frozen food again.
Well, Joe went downstairs a little before 6 am and the next thing I know I hear him on the phone saying "Repair Center." This wasn't good news. I can downstairs to see what was going on and there was water all over the floor, the freezer wasn't working and the ice melted, which made it drip all over through the ice maker/water dispenser. After he's told they can't come out until Saturday to fix it we start going through the freezer to throw out some food and try to salvage what we can. Luckily we have the freezer in the garage so some stuff went out there, but most went into the trash. Of course the garbage pick up was last night, so that will all sit in my garage until Thursday night, rotting, smelling and attracting flies....yummy.
The hope at the time was that the fridge was okay, the food seemed cold so Joe left for work and I went back upstairs. We're on the first call list if someone cancels, not much more we can do than that.
I came back downstairs later to get breakfast going only to realize that things weren't really cold anymore in there either, just kind of cool. So, I called Joe at work. He said he'd call the repair center while I worked on breakfast and moving food around. I pulled out the coolers and ice packs (which he'd removed from the big freezer to make room for the extra food earlier, luckily they were still somewhat frozen). Some stuff had to be deep sixed, no point in saving because it was a small amount left in the container or date expired. I went down to the basement to see if my mom had room in her mini-fridge, she did, thankfully. Now some of our food is down there, the deli meat, yogurt and a few other items. I have a cooler w/milk and juice, one w/produce and one w/condiments. All have some form of ice in them as well. Tonight's fish needed to defrost anyway, so that's downstairs in mom's fridge and should be ready in time. Now I'm just hoping things don't go completely bad before it gets fixed.
Plus, I'm hoping it can be fixed and I don't have to replace it. That thing is only 5 years old, we bought it before we moved into the house. So, that would be a big investment to have to make again. Although, I keep saying I want the tri-door fridge, just didn't want to be purchasing it under these conditions.
Also, I'm staying put in the house. This way I'm available if/when we get a call about a cancellation. I don't want to give a chance for them to say we weren't available when they had an opening, no way! I'll be here. Didn't have huge plans anyway. The bummer of it all is that Joe has off tomorrow and I was hoping to get some things done, all of us, out of the house. Now I probably won't do that, but will get a lot accomplished inside, so at least there will be something good to come out of it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home