5.22.2006

Just quick as I still haven't really done any of the things that are on my list of 'to do' items...

Did my weigh in this morning and I lost 3.6 pounds this week to give me a total of...yes...this is the number...150.7 lbs! I don't believe it, I tell ya, something has got to be wrong because I ate like a crazy girl yesterday. But, ya know, it's good. Next week may be a totally different story, so I'll take it when I can get it.

Had a wonderful time yesterday at a Maryland locals Weight Watchers gathering at a members house. Not only is her house beautiful, her husband nice (grilled for us and everything), her daughter cute as could be (seriously here, she's a-dor-a-ble!) but the hostess herself was warm, welcoming and a pleasure to be around.

During the evening, while thinking about the day, I realized how lucky I am to have these people in my life. We're all from such different backgrounds, different places in time, different states (countries even) and may not even have all that much in common when you come down to it. But they are fabulous people and we all share the same bond of struggling with something that others take for granted, FOOD! Getting together with my "WW friends", as I say to non-WW people, is such a blessing. It's good knowing that every few months we can get together and see people we talk to every day, bond like the old friends we are, and enjoy the company of people that are on the same journey we are. Plus, we've all become much more than just food support, which is nice, we care about the everyday issues each other are dealing with as well. Needless to say, I very much enjoyed my time yesterday and am thankful to our hostess and her family for welcoming us into their home.

Okay, my dinner isn't going to plan itself, house isn't going to clean itself and laundry sure isn't going to do itself...so, I'm off!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home