5.20.2006

I have so much to do over the next week, prior to our Wedding Tour 2006, that I feel overwhelmed and don't know where to start.

There are some fun things that will be happening, like a get together of Weight Watchers people from Maryland tomorrow that will be fun. Plus, on Thursday night (yeah, mere hours before getting in the car to drive for over 7 hours) I'll be going to my fist bunco night with the ladies from the community.

During all that, we still have to purchase the wedding gifts. We pretty much have to get them all because once we come back from the first one we don't have much time to get the others. So, while at the store once we might as well pick them all up. Plus, we have some baby gifts to purchase as well. One friend already had their baby and another will soon. The one that did we'll see while up in Michigan so might as well bring that gift up with us.

I wish that was all of it, but it's not. I really need to do some shopping for my mom before we go, so she's stocked up. Plus, there are still some things we need for the wedding's.

Luckily, Joe's mom is coming into town last on Wednesday night since she'll be here with Jackson while we're gone. That also gives me a chance to do last minute running or work around the house on Thursday. Of course, Joe's working opening Monday and Tuesday, but closing Wednesday and Thursday. So. He'll be nice and tired for getting up early on Friday to leave. Don't even get me started on how much traffic their might be on Friday, the holiday and all, and what that will mean for the number of hours we'll need to be on the road. Oh yeah, guess I should map the directions to the hotel and than to the marina where we get the boat for the wedding.

Plus, add on to all that, this house needs a good cleaning. It's been a while since I've really got into the cleaning around here. I've been doing touch up stuff for a while and as we all know, that can't last too long. We're in serious need for a good once over to the whole house. I have stuff I need to send my sister, clothing she could really use that I can't use anymore.

last night I paid bills and shopped on Old Navy's website, last day of the 20% off sale for cardholders, so I had to get Jackson new socks anyway. Well, I ordered a pair of sandals that are silver. I'm hoping that they work for the weddings, with my black outfit it might be nice to have a little shine. But, I had to express the shipping (which my mom offered to pay for) to ensure it would get here in time. I really hope they do the trick because I put on the shoes this morning that I got, saying they aren't comfortable is an understatement and I only had them on a few minutes. What was I thinking?

Jackson hasn't been eating his dinners very well lately and it's driving me nuts. He just acts up the whole time, complaining that things hurt, wanting a drink, trying to come up with every excuse why he shouldn't/doesn't need to be at the table eating. I'm over it. The problem we have is that Joe caves in/get's ticked off too easily and reacts in a way I never would. Which leads to problems later because he's not here for many meals during the week and I have to deal with the consequences of it all later. So frustrating.

I've been trying to start working on Jackson's 3rd birthday party ahead of time. For some reason my husband really thinks we need to serve everyone (which at this age means kids and parents and siblings) a full meal. I want to plan the party so that we just have to do cake and snacks, which is way cheaper. He just doesn't get that it's a lot of work to put it all together, all the side dishes and time that go into it, all the money. But than again, why would he get it, each year he strolls in an hour or so before the party, gets changed and it's all ready. I'm the one running around like a crazy person, organizing, cleaning, prepping and not sleeping. I'm very over that, not this year. Plus, this year my mom lives here, so we'll have all three living grandparents here for his birthday and possibly other family members. I don't run a catering business people, lets remember that!

Laundry is going, the dog wants me attention (she's be very much let to her own devices lately), Jackson is playing with his train set (by the way, hoping for Thomas themed party), my mom is downstairs and I'm trying to figure out my agenda for the day and waiting for her medicine delivery to arrive.

I can't wait for mid/late June to come and be back from the final wedding when I can sit at home and enjoy the concept of not being in the car for a long drive, not needing to play nice with people I don't care for(as you always do at weddings, you never like everyone there) and start planning our vacation for next year. Because I tell ya people, I don't care what anyone else has planned, I'm taking a real vacation next year, even if it means missing out on some big event in someone's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home