7.17.2006

I keep saying that I'm going to post more and for one reason or another I don't get my butt on here! Argh!

Last weeks weigh in was a little aggravating, but I was prepared for a gain. I had eaten way lots of Jackson's birthday cake, so the .4 pound gain I had was well deserved.

Today however I got on the scale and had a 2.9 pound loss, which was awesome. I love seeing that. Although I know it will slow down now because I'm getting closer to my goal so things will naturally start to plateau and fall into line. Soon enough I'll be complaining about that, that's for sure.

Tonight I'm totally excited about our dinner. I picked up ground beef at the grocery store, low fat content of course, and we'll be having cheese burgers from the grill. I'll have Joe do some vidalia onions as well, they are so yummy on burgers and also the last two portabello mushrooms we have because my mom and I really like those. Plus, I also go some white corn so I'll cook that up. And, I'll saute up some onion and yellow squash and/or zucchini as another side dish. I love summer and the ability to easily grill and have fresh produce on hand. I plan to just do fresh fruit for dessert as we have so much of it and it will soon be going bad if we don't eat it.

Jackson has been having a hard time going to be at night. It seems that the storm we had last week did him in and each night he's worried that a storm is going to come and scare him. I keep explaining that it's not coming and there is nothing to be scared of, but we go through a lot of crying before he finally goes down for the night.

On other fronts he's doing well with the potty training. He gets really excited to go on the potty, which makes it all that much easier for us. I think every trip we've made to the potty in the last two days has lead to a successful potty trip, so that's great. I can't believe he's getting old enough to worry about potty time...time sure flies.

Joe's trying to get back to doing Weight Watchers with me, of course doing meetings. He had a little lapse, but I think he's gearing up again, which is nice. He can do this and I'm willing to help but I'm having a hard time not just pushing him into it. I want to just take over and get his stuff in line, but I know I can't, that won't help him at all. He needs to make this a life change and not a temporary fix, I can't get in his head and do that for him so in time he'll come to it himself.

My mom and I have been doing the crossword puzzles at night. That's been fun. Although I do have moments when she drives me nuts because she starts to give me clues and letters for the word, but I just can't do that in my head. I'm too visual and need to see it. Oh well, we get through it and it's been something to do after dinner when I'm doing dishes.

Gotta go, need a shower big time. Just did 63 minutes on the treadmill, which was 4.25 miles. I slowed down and lowered the incline at the end in hopes to cool down a little, but I swear only when you get off of that dang thing do you get to cool down at all. Plus, Jackson will be waking from his nap soon so it will mean mommy needs to be ready to go full speed ahead again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home