7.28.2006

The fridge works again, after the repair guy showed up yesterday (late) to fix it. Luckily it wasn't anything too major, but definitely our fault. It seems that all the pet hair and dust bunnies got up under the vent that's on the front of the fridge and got into the coils that control the relay switch to the compressor and fried it out. So, the coils had to be replaced and everything had to be cleaned out. The man showed me how to clean it out in the future so that it doesn't get to the point of shutting down again. It took less than an hour to do and since we're under warranty until the middle of September, it was free! I was so worried we were out of warranty time that I was scared for the total amount, but free is always a nice answer, right?

I hadn't realized just how much food I had to throw away until I went to re-load the fridge and freezer after it had gone through it's recovery phase and cool/cold enough to fill up again. I have huge empty spaces (albeit cleans ones since I scrubbed it down when it was broken) that look weird for our house. Needless to say, we'll be needing to go food shopping in the next few days to stock back up on things that were deep sixed due to possible health hazards.

Not much other excitement happening here. I realize I desperately need a vacation, but that won't be happening for almost a year, so I guess I need to get over that fast. I tell ya, no one or no thing is going to come between me and a real bonafide vacation next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home