8.24.2002

At 6 am Joe decided to tell me he was going into work early and wouldn't be able to take care of the animals this morning. I was more than half asleep and didn't realize that meant I had to get up to feed them and take Pippy out. When I did wake up, after he kept talking to me and trying to get me up, there was another discovery...it was raining/thunderstorming out. Pippy was crying, so I threw some clothes on and went downstairs to let her out, feed her, and take her outside. The first trip outside was fine, she did her business and we went back inside for her to continue eating. At little while later we had to go back out...this didn't go too well at all. I should have known we were going to have problems when my opening of my umbrella made her jump back, but it was raining too hard to not have protection. We go outside and she won't leave my side and keeps jumping on me. I think the thunder and lightening that early in the morning got to her. We went back inside and I hoped she wouldn't relieve herself on my carpet, again. All went well and we went out later. I don't know if I've seen her that scared before, but now I know we have to worry when we have thunderstorms because she just doesn't like it out there. What a fru fru dog I have, so prissy!

So tired, even though I went back to sleep at 8 am. I can't wait until tomorrow when Joe's off of work and I have the ability to just relax!

Yesterday I was a little sad. A friend that I had started work with, we did our corporate orientation together, was to have her last day. I came in, sent her an e-mail and never heard from her. I didn't see her truck outside either. I wanted to say goodbye and get her home e-mail and such. I wanted closer and didn't get it. I don't know if our company did what it normally does, someone gives their two weeks notice and if it's not to go on maternity leave or work for another part of the company they give them the boot prior to the two weeks being up. Giving a lame excuse as it's not in the company's best interest for them to stay during that period. But, then again, her boss was enough of a jackass to call her at home and remind her that the days she was sick, after she gave notice, would not be paid for by the company. Yet another fine example of the type of manager's my company has. Either way, I'll miss her. But so happy that she's gotten out and hope all the best for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home