8.14.2002

This morning I started to tell a co-worker about my friends comment in regards to her thinking I could be pregnant. She smiled and told me that she had a very vivid dream which included myself and an ex-co-worker. It seems that I was at home on a weekend, early in the day and our friend came by to see the puppy. Seeing that I was tired and had a lot to do, she took Pippy for the day (insisting that it was fine, she was used to dogs since she’s had them in the past). When she returned around 4 pm that day, I was at the door all exciting, completely ignoring the dog and saying that I had great news. Just then her alarm clock went off, she hit snooze to see if she could find out what my news was, but was unsuccessful. She has a strong feeling it was that I was pregnant. I sincerely hope that all my friends are correct and that sooner, than later, I actually have good news to tell them all.

Kettle corn was my lunch of choice today. Mostly because it is just too hot to go outside. I like heat, when appropriate (on a beach during vacation) but not during the work week. So, going out wasn’t really an option for me today.

I received my high school’s newsletter last night, the topic area was all the graduations (elementary, middle, and high school) and updates as to where the high school graduates were going. I was interested to see how the speaker was, since I had been the main person to coordinate my graduation. I found out that the speaker was a mother of a graduate, but even more importantly the widow of a NYC Firefighter. There were excerpts from the speech she made, thanking everyone for their thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time. There was also an excerpt that her daughter had written for the yearbook, summarizing what happened that day and the days after. I sat and cried for them, and all the others that have had to deal with similar loses.

This ties into something that happened yesterday. While coding files I came across information from the Hawaii that mentioned how the fall-out from Sept. 11th was effecting them. Without the usual tax revenue from tourists, the support services that they offer which receive some of those monies, were going to suffer. We’re coming up to a year since the tragedy at the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and Pennsylvania occurred...I know we have yet to recover and it’s going to take some time. I just hope that the comradery that we all felt shortly after that day continues to inspire us to work together to heal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home