8.13.2002

Downtown on government detail today had to be one of the most exciting ever. Now that I have you intrigued, as well you should be, let me tell you why. At around 2 pm, as all our work for the day was done, Salimah prompted me to pop my kettle corn. Previously the only time that I’ve had kettle corn was at a fair or other such gathering. The smell of this popped corn (I refuse to call it pop-corn because I think that would just be doing it a disservice) was awesome. Numerous comments were made about the great smell coming from our work area. After a few people passes and made comment about the aroma, one of the employees asked to try it. I had no problem with that and even offered a napkin, which would enable him to take more. The next thing I heard was “Sweet Jesus, it tastes even better than it smells!” I proceeded to explain that this is a newer product on the market, you can pop it yourself, and it’s available at the supermarkets. Needless to say, I may have started a new fad, if I may be so bold!

Update on the baby making – nothing happened last night. I need to give some background information on the evening though…My boss had left work around 1 pm to go to a meeting, this of course meant I could leave early, if only by a few minutes. Well, I ended up volunteering to help a co-worker bring her stuff out to her car because she had a lot to take out. The commotion involved with getting her together lead to my forgetting some needed paperwork. However, I didn’t realize this until I got roughly halfway home. At that point, if I had turned around, it would have only lead to TONS of traffic. I proceeded home, stopped at the grocery store to drop off a prescription and went home. I had figured that Joe and I could drive down and pick up my stuff later, when he got home from work. This did happen, but we didn’t leave the house until 7:30 pm. After going to work to pick up my folder, stopping off at Joe’s old work to talk to friends, it was 9 pm and we still hadn’t eaten dinner. We ended up going to Macaroni Grill and then driving home, arriving back home at around 10:45 pm. By the time I got ready for bed and Joe played with the puppy, it was really late. Long and short of it is that it was an unsuccessful night at the baby project. Tonight will have to be the next shot. Joe is scheduled to work until 11 pm. But we know I won’t see him until around 1 am. He’ll just have to wake me up.

A friend made an interesting comment this morning – she said that she thought I was pregnant. I sincerely hope that she is correct about this, wouldn’t that be something? At least it would explain my sleepiness.

I love watching people. My time sitting at Union Station today has allowed me that. The glimpses of business travelers, families on vacation, attractive men with shockingly little package. Can you tell there is a cutie sitting close with not even a back-pack in hand?!?! I think it’s my need to be aware of everything around me, but I love watching people. It’s darn near the highlight of my day. (And I wonder why a few friends have dubbed me “The Stalker.”)

Children, babies especially, are so cute. The car I’m on (middle of three that are for my line) has a baby on it. So adorable. Downside is that there are also families on this car – do people not understand that commuters just want to get home in peace? Lol!

A few things are clear to me because of this MARC trip home:
- Kids are great and I hope to be a wonderful mom
- Commuting isn’t all that bad, even with the heat restrictions
- I need to learn sign language because I desperately think it’s an unrecognized language

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home