Woman on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown
Okay, I feel like that is me right now. Just when I thought I had planned out our night tonight, I get a call from Joe saying he had to go back down to DC tonight because he forgot to leave the keys with them. The store room keys that they need, seriously need, and he isn't planned to back to that store. He's been working down there for two weeks and he brings home the keys for the second time, messing up scheduled things. I can't take it. I really can't. I have nothing to say to him that's positive. NOTHING!
Add to this the fact that he leaves on Sunday afternoon for a week in VA, where he'll be staying in a hotel (which is good because of commuting) but bad because that means he won't be around at all. I wasn't looking for anything special, but his being home tonight would have been really nice. Jackson had a melt down at dinner and had just been finished with yelling at me, after about an hour, so having that phone call come just about pushed me over the edge. He's still gone and on his way home plans to stop by the Frederick store since he has stuff they need for organizing the stock.
I really need time away from this family. Serious time to get away and not have to worry about any of them.
Other things that got to me today...
I have to pop the back of my mom's earring out of her ear this afternoon. She came upstairs to tell me that she couldn't get the back off, at which point she realized it was still in her ear. Basically, she had either pushed it into her ear or her ear grew over the backing. Either way, I had to literally pop it like a zit to get it out. It was so gross, she kept wanting to talk about it. I had to finally tell her, stop talking about it unless you want me to either pass out or throw up.
Jackson spilled a glass of milk all over while eating breakfast, that was fun. Not a big deal in the long run, but he decided he needed to cry about it the whole time. That irked me more than anything else.
Some stuff that happened this past week...
Had my weigh in and I lost 3.1 lbs this past week. That put me below last week's weigh in where I gained, so that was good. We'll have to see what next week shows. I'm pretty much prepared for that scale to go up and down a lot now that I'm nearing the end of the journey, seeing as I've lost a total of 163.1 lbs at this point.
I upped my workout a little and have been doing an hour in the morning (so doing over 4 miles depending on the speed I want to do that day) and in the afternoon I do some abs and free weights. I didn't do abs today and don't always do both, but I'm trying to do more since I know I need to do more to keep getting results.
We got a new car. I guess that's the biggest news of the week, right? On Monday night we traded in the Tahoe (my baby prior to having a baby) in for a Subaru Outback Legacy Wagon. It's Joe's car to drive around, with his work situation we really needed an AWD for him, so this was the best thing for us. I'm not happy about having car payments (we didn't have any before, for either car), but between the trade in, some money down and a very minor car payment for only three years, I think we made a wise choice. We got it in blue, I guess I'll put some pics up when we take them. Joe's not been home long enough since making the purchase to even take pics of it to post. I've only driven it once, for about 5 minutes.
Oh, I'm probably going to miss bunko this next game. I missed last month too. Argh! I'm so ticked, again because of Joe's job. He'll be driving home that night so if he gets home in time, I'm good to go. But if not, I'm out another month from the game. Luckily, the game is at a house on our street, so I can run down when he gets home. The ladies are great though, they said if they have a ghost player (ie not enough people, with one short you can play with a ghost to keep the game going) that they'll put my name on it so that I can jump in whenever I show up. Really sweet to offer and I hope I can join them.
My engagement ring is ready for pick up. That was one of the things I was going to do tonight. Oh well. Hopefully it will fit when I get it, I'm so worried it will be too small, but I think that's the fat girl in me not realizing that I lost enough to wear that small of a ring.
Also, I'm supposed to go set up my appointment to get my tattoo tomorrow (other thing planned for tonight). So, we'll see. Joe and I were planning on going down with Jackson, but we kinda forgot he's not allowed in the studio because of his age. So, I guess I'll be the only one going in to set it up and make the deposit.
Okay, I stand by my comments that I need out of here for a while. But, having typed for a while did help a little. I guess the big test will be how irritated I am after Joe gets home and how he acts.
I'm tired, need sleep, that's for sure. Sorry for the rambling nature of this entry, my mind is kinda all over the place right now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home